Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Storage Idea

Edited to add the link to the clips only by request: http://www.amazon.com/Clip-Additional-Clips-Pkg-25-Pkg/dp/B001CRIZN4/ref=pd_sim_k_1

No card today as I've been working on a project for the Guest Star Stamper and Papertrey Ink and can't quite post it yet. My Scramp room looked like a cyclone went through when I was finished. Finally got the room cleaned up a bit and hope to have some time in there tonight.

Anyway, I was explaining to some friends how I store some of my stamp sets. I really like the idea of the Clip It Up http://www.amazon.com/Simply-Renee-01-001-Rotating-Craft-Storage/dp/B00164SAT2 but it's really large, takes up quite a bit of valuable desk space and it's a bit pricey. My alternative to this was to just buy the clips only. Got them on amazon. 50 of them for $16. Then went to Home Depot and got a towel bar for a bit over $3. The towel bar is about 13 inches long and will hold 50 clips. I have 30 stamp sets clipped up in the picture with room for the other 20. This takes up very little space on the wall, doesn't take up any valuable work surface, looks fairly neat and I can see everything right in front of me. Hope you like my storage solution for under $20.


10 comments:

Rhonda said...

Excellent idea! Love your creativity.

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Love it, can you post the link to the clips. I may consider something similar.

anya said...

What a *fabulous* idea! Thank you for sharing! This is great!

BethieJ said...

LOVE this Val.. what a GREAT idea!! I need to see if I can make it work in my MESSY room! :)

Mara Campbell said...

This is cool! What a clever idea! I like how you can actually see what you have.

Cammie said...

What a clever idea!

Aimes said...

What a fab idea! My clear sets are just crammed into a drawer and are never used! They'd definitely get some use stored like this! Thanks for the super idea!
Aimes
x

peggysue said...

Cute idea! Mine are crammed in a box right now, but once we move next year, I"ll be returning to these storage ideas.

Terri said...

Neat idea! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and leaving such a nice comment too.

IamDerby said...

very clever!