Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Treat Box

First and foremost I want to wish you all a safe and Happy Thanksgiving day. Hope it is filled with family, friends, fun and of course, good food. I would like to thank all of you for your good thoughts and well wishes from my previous post. It appears my job is stable for the time being and I am very thankful for that.
Now, on to my project. This project used the Timeless Template called "Time for Take Out". All of the papers, inks and stamps used on this project are from Papertrey Ink. I'm thinking of making several of these to hang on my Christmas tree to hold little treats for my Grandson. He is 3 1/2 and is really getting into the Santa thing this year. I thought I might hide a few little treat boxes for him to find every few days or so, leading up to Christmas. Sort of an alternative to an advent calendar. Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek. Let me know what you think. Edited to add: The red and white twine that I used to thread through the button is from Martha Stewart crafts that I bought at Michaels. It is also available at Two Peas in a Bucket. http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop/martha-stewart/87438-bakers-twine-multi-color/?filters=_martha_stewart+bakers+twine_

7 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is GORGEOUS Val!! I MUST order this template :)

Nadine said...

Your treat box looks very festive! Nice touch with the flower and that big button in the front. BTW - what did you use to thread the button with? It looks striped, candy-canish? Looove it!

anya said...

You did a fantastic job Val! This is gorgeous! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Karin said...

This is just fab...Love your choice of colors!

Lee said...

Love, love, love it! You really rock these templates. I love the poinsettia. Is it a punch?

B said...

So gorgeous! Love the flower and the big button!

IamDerby said...

Oh this is fabulous! Who wouldnt want to recieve this?