Monday, November 23, 2009

Another GSS Entry

Here is another card I entered in the Guest Star Stamper contest at Papertrey Ink earlier this month. The requirement was for a simple card. This one took about 5 minutes to make and I like the way it came out. It is a small 3x3 gift card. First I made a small embossed square with my nestabilities in the center of the card. I then used the Giga Guidelines set from Papertrey Ink and masked off the very center of the stamp to make the wreath. Stamped the word "Joy" in the center from Holiday Tree set. Added a tiny red bow and a bit of red glitter gel pen and it was done. Thanks for taking a peek today.
On a personal note, I'm having a very hard time right now as I don't know if I will have a job or not as budgets are being prepared for next year. As most of you know I work in Automotive Engineering and live in the Detroit suburbs. The economy here is very bad and there are basically no jobs out there. It's very scary knowing that everything you've worked for, for the last 25 years could be gone. If you have it in your heart to say a prayer or think some positive thoughts for me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

7 comments:

Judy said...

As always you know I am thinking good thoughts for you. That being said- send me your resume- we still have that one job open here!!!

P.S. - I'm happy you made an easy card!! Now thats more me!

B said...

Lovely! So simple and elegant and I love the idea of masking the Giga Guidelines! MIght have to try that myself! :)

And I'll keep you and your job situation in my thoughts! I know its a rough time...

IamDerby said...

This is so clever and lovely! wow! I am so sorry to hear about the job situation. I am sending good thoughts your wway.

Terri said...

I love this card! What a brillant idea. I think you definitely should have been a winner with this one. I am sorry to hear what you are going through. I am sure this has to be very hard on you but just try and take things one day at time right now. You will be in my thoughts.

Cheryl said...

Beautiful little card! I wouldn't have thought to use that image as a wreath, but it turned out great!

I wish you all the best, and I hope you can feel some peace about your situation soon. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

@JoyceCasaldi said...

It's beautiful, love the embossing!

Cynthia said...

I continue to pray for Michigan and the great hard working people of the Auto industry. My
father,brother, grandfather etc.. well you know the story spent their whole lives building a great industry just to have all their benefits ripped from them. That's why they stayed on all those years knowing that what they were working for was their retirement, My Dad is having open heart surgery on Tuesday he needs to have to done before Dec. 31st when he loses his insurance. Hang in there hopefully things will turn around and you can keep you job. Cynthia