Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Holiday Card.

I've had this old Hero Arts snowman stamp for years and it's always been one of my favorite images. Thought I would dust him off and do a holiday card with him. I had also purchased some Glimmer Mist the day I made this card and wanted to play with it. All of the paper and ink are from Papertrey Ink. The ribbon and button are from my stash. For the back base of the card, I ran some Spring Rain cardstock through my cuttlebug with the snowflake embossing folder. Then I sprayed it with the Glimmer Mist - Marshmallow, which is a limited time color. Love the look it gives the paper as it adds a shimmer to it. I also used Papertrey Ink, Background Basics - Text stamp, to stamp the poppy red on white for a matching background paper. The snowman was colored with Copic Markers and was cut out with Nestabilities. I really liked how this one came out and will be using this color combination again very soon ;) Thanks for taking a peek.

4 comments:

IamDerby said...

Fab coloring! Cute card.

anya said...

Very pretty Val! I love the text background and the embossing and your coloring is always fantastic!

BethieJ said...

Val I LOVE this... Such a CUTE snowman image.. Marshmallow glimmer mist.. huh.. I gotta check that out!
I just got the snowflake embossing folder.. LOVE it.. and it is PERFECT on your card!! :)
Have a GREAT day!

Ted said...

Val, I LOVE this snowman! You did an exemplary job! Wow!