Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bottoms Up! or Cheers!

My daughter-in-law and son had a big party at their house last weekend to celebrate her birthday. Along with some pj's and a few little goodies, I got her (and the party goers) a large bottle of Absolute Vodka. Instead of trying to wrap it, I decided to make a hang tag to go over the bottle. I cut a long strip of cardstock and scored it about 3 - 4 inches from the top. Then punched a round hole to go over the bottle neck. Cosmo Bella is the perfect stamp to go with a gift of Absolute. I used prismacolors and gamsol to color her. The patterned paper is from the Marakesh collection from Basic Grey. I also thought that a version of this might be good to use for a bottle of wine given as a gift. Thanks for taking a peek. Cheers!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

This is great! i love the colors!

B said...

Fun fun! :) Love the colors and the great pp on the back!

Mara Campbell said...

AMAZING!!! The colors are so fantastic together and that image is wonderful. What cute cute cute bottle tags!!!

BethieJ said...

I LOVE this Val.. what a GREAT idea.. I LOVE that bella.. I feel the need to SHOP! HA HA! I bet she LOVED her gift!! :) I know I would! LOL!! ;)
Have a GREAT day!

Serendipity said...

Excellent idea and you executed it very well!

peggysue said...

YOu have such a great way with bold colors, I think this looks fabulous.

anya said...

Great job! Aren't these little tags fun?!? Your coloring is fantastic!

IamDerby said...

this is fabulous Val! I have done something similar at Christmas with wine. Just makes the whole wrapping process easier.