Sunday, March 16, 2008

I finally bought one!

For over a year now, I've been eyeballing a nice new digital SLR camera. However, they are a bit on the pricey side. I've had an older digital point and shoot type camera for a couple of years and have just never been happy with the pictures it took. (see the Lamb Card in the previous post). Since it is time for the second part of our bonus at work, I thought I would get something for myself and I was good and put the first bonus in the bank to save.

So Friday evening K.I.S.A. (Knight In Shining Armour) and I are grabbing some dinner out and making a few stops when he decides he needs to go to Radio Shack. Well, right next door happens to be a Ritz Camera store. I said "I'm gonna look in the camera store while you're in Radio Shack". He replies, "OK, I'll meet you there". Wouldn't you know it, the camera store is running a big sale that starts on Saturday morning. One of the camera's I've been looking at is going to be on sale, plus it comes with a nice camera bag, several extra goodies and a $50 gift card too. I do have to say the sales girl, Carol, was very helpful and really taught me a lot about the camera I was interested in as well as a few others. My biggest concern with buying a digital SLR is ease of use. My fears were soon alleviated as I was soon snapping away with the store model. Since the sale doesn't start until Saturday, I walk out with nothing, but Carol does offer to hold a camera and sales gifts for me.

Saturday morning, I'm up early and ready to head to the camera store as soon as they open. I'm there shortly after 10:00 am. After learning about filters, downloads and free classes I'm out the door and on my way home with my new Nikon D40X camera. It is a beginner SLR camera, but heck I'm a beginner and we all have to start someplace. I do have to say, that I really am happy with the camera and it truly is easy to use. I feel that I can do some advanced things with it already. Hopefully in the next few days, I'll be able to post a picture or two taken with my new toy.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

No comments: