Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy Thursday!


Actually, Thursday is my lease favorite day of the week. I would really like to just skip over it and go straight to Friday.


Another boring day here at work. Actually, I do work for a very good and generous company and most of the people are pretty good to work with, it's just that I hate spending so much time here. Really wish I could just work part time, but I don't see that coming for at least another 7 or 8 years.


By the way, I did receive my Borders coupon in my email today. So I'll either run over there after work today or tomorrow.


On to how I met my Knight In Shining Armour (KISA), if you're not interested you can just skip over it.


It was a cold and snowy Saturday morning (January 1994). The boys were spending the weekend with their dad. (that is a whole separate story). I ended up going to meet some girls I knew for an early lunch. While we were having lunch they told me they needed to go out to a bar in Waterford to pick up a trophy that had been won earlier in the week. The trophy was for playing darts. Electronic Darts was huge, with leagues all over town. I decided what the heck, I didn't really have anything else to do so I decided to go with them to pick up the trophy.


When we got there another big Dart Tournament was going on. I sat down at a long table with a group of people that my friends knew. I sat right across from KISA, he was playing in the tournament that day. We were talking on and off during the afternoon, only to find out he thought I was "with" the girls I came with as they were a lesbian couple. This was something I was definatly not interested in, nor had the thought ever crossed my mind. However, I guess I could see how he could have assumed it. I thought the idea was very funny and laughed about it with him. When it was time to leave, I got up to go and he continued with the tournament, we said good-bye and that was it.


To be continued.....


No comments: