Monday, June 1, 2009

Great Birthday Weekend! Plus lots of stuff to show!

I had a wonderful birthday weekend. Went to a local Stamp show and spent way too much money. Went to dinner with friends on Saturday and the Kids had us over for a cookout and birthday cake on Sunday. Fun, Fun, Fun!

On to the cards. Today I have three cards to share. I had planned on showing them individually last week, but the battery in my camera had died so now that it's charged up you get to see them all in one post.

This first card is a simple little "Thank you" card for a little boy. The son of one of my co-workers heard it was my birthday on Friday and wanted to make me a picture for my office. I made him this little card to thank him.

The Kraft cardstock, twine and button are from Papertrey Ink. The patterned paper is from Basic Grey-Granola collection. The little Monster stamp is from Daisy Bucket. I hope he likes it.



This card uses several different stamp sets. The paper is all from Papertrey Ink. The stamps sets are Backgrounds-Retro for the grid background from Papertrey Ink. The sentiment is from Star Prints, also from Papertrey Ink. The Recipe card background is from Great Impressions stamps and the the Little Chef stamp is from Inky Antics. They really have some cute stuff. (In fact Inky Antics was one of the exhibitors at the Stamp show this weekend and bought several more of their stamps. Can't wait to have some time to play with them.)

I colored the recipe card and the little chef with my Copic markers.





This 3rd one is really more of a little project than a card. This little box was made with a template stamp from Inky Antics stamps. The remaining stamps are from the Star Prints set and the Let Freedom Ring set from Papertrey Ink. The paper, ink (except the blue ink) distressing ink, twine and button are all from Papertrey Ink. The blue ink is brocade blue from SU.






Here is the little box when it is open. My plan was to fill it with Jelly Belly's, M&M's or some other type of Red, White and Blue candy but just never got to pick some up.


I bought a few more of these type of templates from Inky Antics over the weekend so you will probably being see more of these in the future.

In closing, I just want to add. GO WINGS!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

These are great! I love the little chef, too cute!

B said...

Wow, you've been busy! Great cards!

Lee said...

I love that little box project. Your cards are great too.

Anonymous said...

Awesome- love them!

Karen said...

Loving the Kraft in all the cards and the twine too! :> That little box is so cute...love the bitty dots on the inside too! :>

Amanda said...

love the chef!

BethieJ said...

Oh Val everything is WONDERFUL.. that chef card CUTE.. and I LOVE template you made up!! Happy Belated Birthday!!!