Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Don't Faint - I'm actually posting the Papertrey Princesses Challenge

Hi Everyone!  Have you totally given up on me?  I wouldn't blame you.  What can I say other than Life happens and that darn work thing just gets in the way of all my fun :(

That Diane in our Papertrey Princesses group keeps us on our toes.  Diane, You Rock!  She sent me a very sweet reminder that it was my turn to post a challenge.  So sorry, I haven't been around much to participate, but hopefully I will be able to a bit more.

On to the challenge...Today's Challenge is to do a 3D box of your choosing.  The one I've posted today is off of the Cosmo Cricket blog and was really easy to make.  1 sheet of 12x12 and a few folds and you're done.  Here is the link to the tutorial on their blog. http://cosmocricket.typepad.com/cosmo_cricket/2010/10/how-to-fold-a-treat-bag-video-tutorial.html

Here is my version of the bag using the Papertrey Ink's "Homemade" stamp set as well as several other little Halloween sets in my stash.  I also used Papertrey Ink's "Background Basics - Tin Type" for the roof.



Hope you get a chance to play and thanks for taking a peek.

9 comments:

Diane said...

What a great challenge, and the perfect time of the year! Off to check out some tutorials...

Thanks, and I didn't even faint!

Mariah said...

Nice to see you! And I always love a challenge that has us doing something other then a card! Can't wait to work on this one...love what you did!

B said...

Oh wow, what a cool project! And fun challenge!

Cheryl said...

This one will get me to stretch. I'm not usually a 3-D girl, but I will try. Also, your haunted house is fantastic!

IamDerby said...

This is so cute! After I get through my laundry list of must dos, I am going to sit down and play.

Mara Campbell said...

Great project!!! I love your challenge, too. I need to get busy, now!

Diane said...

Here is the link to my project. Thanks, Valerie!!!

http://momoffive-stampinflybaby.blogspot.com/2010/11/pti-princess-challenge-3d.html

Jessica Griffin said...

Cute box! I found you on papertrey, I live in Texas now, but grew up in Novi- and graduated from Walled Lake Western. :) Do you go to Mega Meet, in May?

BethieJ said...

I LOVE this Val.. how had I MISSED it... I apologize!!! I hope you had a WONDERFUL Holiday and Happy New Year!!!