Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Papertrey Princess Challenge - Think Spring

This time it was BethieJ's turn to post the challenge.  Here is what she posted "Think Spring..Think New..it can be anything you want it to be..a new color combo..a new technique you haave wanted to try, NEW supplies..ANYTHING.." 

Well right after I read the challenge I was trying to think of something to make.  I went outside a little while later and was greeted with these lovely flowers as a sign of spring.  Inspiration Struck!
I have been wanting to use this color combination for some time and thought that it was NEW to me.  I had also purchased the stamp set "Wishing You..." by Papertrey Ink a while ago as well.  But, it was still NEW and in the package.  What better set to use for this challenge!  Here is my take on this challenge. 

Thanks for taking a peek and letting me know what you think.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! And your tulips are beautiful!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Oh, I love this card! I haven't used this set in a long time. It's spring, so I should pull it out!

Dana said...

perfect take on the challenge Val! Your card is awesome.

Ellie said...

OH how beautiful.. I love how the colors pop :)

Lee said...

What beautiful inspiration! Your card is stunning. Love the green border and buttons - really finishes off the card so well.

Sue Ann said...

wow ........ very pretty!!!

Barbara said...

SO pretty! Love your colors!

Melissa said...

This is so lovely! The black background makes the colors so vibrant. I need to pull this set out!

Rhonda said...

Love the picture and the tulip card. So bright!

Sherry said...

Oh, I LOVE this card! Love the colors!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Super cute card! Love the tulip!

Diane said...

WOW, girl, this so beautiful!!! These colors are so vibrant. I LOVE spring!

Laurie said...

I love the colors you used! That green and red just pop! What a great card!

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colors that you used!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a lovely fresh breath of Spring this card is Val!! Your tulips are so pretty!!

B said...

Wow, love how the color pops against the black -- I really need to rememeber to do that more!

Mariah said...

Oh it's so beautiful. I love how the brown dot paper really makes the other colors stand out...it is a really beautiful card/color combo!

Leah said...

Quite simply GORGEOUS! Love it:)

IamDerby said...

This is gorgeous! What a wonderful springy color combo.

BethieJ said...

Val I LOVE it!! YEAH for so much NEW!! (I have stamps like that too! LOL!) That color combo is FABULOUS!!THANKS for playing along with my challenge!!!

Mara Campbell said...

This is soooo pretty!!! I love the green and black and the pop of the red tulip is great! Great card!!